Ola familia,
It has been a CRAZY week. I probably don´t remember most of it.
Last P day we went to the castle in Santa Maria da Feira.. Hopefully I can send pictures sometime. It was really fun. And it makes me wonder who has walked where we walk every day. Tipo, anciently.
This week we had no novos until Friday. No one wanted to talk to us. Everyone kept saying it´s a waste oif time and not worth it. Finally on Friday we were talking to this lady, "Oh it will be a waste of time" and I just started talking saying "It won´t be a waste because God loves you" and just kept going and afterward she was like "oh" and then gave us her contact info and prayed with us. So I guess a little righteous indignation sometimes is a good thing :P
Alright since I am really tired I don´t remember much of last week. On Sunday night at like 10 p.m. we finally got our phone call about transfers. I thought I was staying, but nope! Sister Cutler and I both got transferred. So did Sister Valdez. They are combining the two areas and leaving Sister da Silva (who got there three weeks ago) to do them both... while she´s training. So we stayed up until 2 ~packing (and crying) and finally got to bed. Just in time to get up at 5 so we could catch our 6 a.m. bus. We went to Porto and then rode the train to Lisbon and to the mission office. There I met my new companion-Sister Juilfs. She got here the same time as me. She is really really nice... and also knows the same or less Portuguese than me. This is going to be interesting! We are whitewashing an area that was only opened last transfer-basically opening-- in Massamá. Near Cacem. Near Lisboa. I am in the Oeiras zone, which altogether is smaller than São João. But everyone keeps telling us this area is bem eleito. We are the first sisters to be in this ward since 2007. Hopefully we do a good job.
I hope you all are happy and healthy. Love you tons-please pray that I will understand the people here :)
Love,
Sister Gidney
No comments:
Post a Comment