Monday, March 24, 2014

St. Patrick´s.. .Week?

Ola família!
It was a pretty good week. Here´s an overview.
--During P day I cut my companion´s hair. Don´t tell her mom. It looks fine.
--We went up to this area called Arroja for an evening. We passed by a family, the one with the massage boy, and tried to teach them but the dad was drunk and so he just kept talking louder and louder saying the same things over and over so we just left. You can´t have the Spirit like that. BUT afterwards we went to have a noite familiar with a part member family and it was AWESOME. The ward secretary lives with his cousin and her five kids. The oldest boy is a member as well (he is the teachers´ quorum president) and he has been asking his mom when she is going to get baptized! We are really excited to help him help her.
--We were visiting a little neighborhood before another appointment that you have to take the bus to. So we were about to leave the area but then this man stopped us and told us his neighbor really needed spiritual help. So we obviously went to talk to her. She was really nice and open and has a really kind heart and we set up another appointment. We finally left two minutes before the bus was to arrive a ten minute wakl away. So what did we do? We ran. Well first we were locked in the yard so instead of finding someone to open the gate we hopped the wall (it was only like 5 feet) and then we just ran. Luckily it was downhill. We got to the stop just as the bus arrived. Just call us Sister Indiana Jones.
--I got asked if I was Brazilian!!! That means that I have an accent but I speak Portuguese well, and also that I am not blinding pasty white anymore.
--I also got asked if I am 17 years old. Almost.
--A member asked us if we could babysit. "No it is against our rules." "But the bishop said you could!" "Ummm... No. This is a rule from the prophet, not the bishop" "Oh... The prophet."
--On Saturday, we were walking to a cmopromisso when we saw a woman leaning out of her apartment window on the first floor. We tried talking to her, but she wasn´t interested, so we asked if she knew anyone who needed spiritual help. She thought for a moment and then gave us the name of her neighbor and explained the situation. She opened the apartment door for us to go up and talk to the woman, Maria do Céu. Maria was warm and inviting, let us in, and now wants us to teach her daughter as well. All from an uninterested lady in a window!
--We had a division in Lapa. That area was suepr pretty, and also HAS THOSE LITTLE TROLLEY TRAM THINGS. We rode one and it was amazing. I was with Sister Call. She was so wonderful. I had a great day and learned a lot from her, especially about how to recognize the Spirit and how to love everyone.
--The sewer up the street exploded. It was spraying like a fountain and running down the street. Smelled pretty bad.
On that note, I hope you all have a wonderful week. It sounds like things are going well and that everyone is being super awesome. Keep on doing the right things okay? I love you TONS.
Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!! Don´t worry, you´re not old yet.
Com muito amor,
Sister Gidney
P.s. Me with Sister Call.
P.p.s. Going to the Açores this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment